Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What color is your Sharpie Marker?

As I sit here tonight recapping my day
munching on my

I can only be thankful for the things that my Momma and Daddy taught us girls...
they brought us up in a christian atmosphere of which I am very thankful!
They taught us wrong from right
they taught us not to lie, steal, or fight.
I have had an eventful Monday evening.
Even though none of these girls are from my womb
my heart aches for them especially when things go south
I can only quote my favorite verse which I think applies to each one that passes under our care

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

We made one of our monthly trips to Sams today.  I was eager to get there to pick up one of my favorite things.  Sharpie Markers!  Yes!  In an assortment of colors....I couldn't wait!  Now how can someone get so excited over sharpie markers....well I love to use them all the time.  My favorite color to use is


How would you have guessed?  (except for those that have known me for a long long time)
I have a new project that I am using them with and my pink had run out of ink on Sunday...how dare!
Here at Promise House we have to drink 64 ozs plus of water every day...
yes, I know this is breaking news (to my girls anyways!) BUT it is like our number one golden rule
So to make the process of keeping up with how much the girls are drinking easier
(my director shared with me the following that worked at one time here at Promise House)
I colored, with my sharpie markers, a clothes pin on one side
then I marked on the girls water chart the color of their pin.
Each time a girl empties her 32 oz mugs of water she has to show me and pins the pin on me
So far I have three out of five girls drinking their water everyday....
ok.ok.ok.  I have just started this on Saturday but three days running is an excellent record!

I have other projects that I have used them with in the past
Vacation Bible School
Crafts
Clothes Labeling
etc. etc. etc.

So tell me .... what do you use your Sharpie Markers for?



No comments: