Since we begin our journey as a married couple we have been either bovocational or full time in the ministry. Therefore we have served others over and over with acts of kindness. I am sharing with you tonight a small list of what I think are great ideas for doing just that serving others over and over!
We are instructed to serve him by serving others.
And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:42-45 ESV
1. Join with a church group going on a Mission Trip.
2. Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
3. Bake a dessert for a sick one that you may know.
4. Volunteer to babysit for a young mother for her to have a "Mom's Day Out".
5. Take the trash out for a Senior Adult.
6. Give to a family in need. ex: groceries, gas, children's birthday or Christmas presents.
7. Send a soldier a letter or care package.
8. Volunteer where you can share the life of Jesus in someone else's life!
(By the way, I know of a great place!)
How can you know if you have the heart of a servant?
Jesus said, "You can tell what they are by what they do" (Matthew 7:16 CEV).
So what are some of your ideas to "Serve Him thru Others"?