Sunday, March 7, 2010

Supper by me.....

an interesting title!  Jesse normally does all the cooking here at Promise House.  He helps me out tons when he cooks plus the girls love it!  Since we came back on duty this time he has been sick.  (Which this has been almost 10 days!)  On one of the days that he was not feeling well I made a run to Kroger to buy some red beans and sausage.  I was going to make supper for the night.  When the girls heard that I was cooking they were just a tid bit apprehensive!  But that was ok with me I continued to make the receipe of  Camellia's Famous New Orleans Style Red Beans and Rice.  The girls enjoyed the meal.  Our kids would say: Red beans and rice again!  We ate tons of this meal while Jesse was in seminary.  But it is easy to cook and inexpensive for a family of 5, 6, or more!

For my Arkansas friends that love pinto beans there is a recipe on Camellia's Family Recipe Page, Connelly's Macho Pintos.  By the way, the girls love pinto beans so maybe next week we will have them for supper one night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm... you did forget to add that our red beans and rice did not have those lovely things of sausage like this picture does.

Susan said...

o yeah...I did forget...when we come that way again or you come up here I will fix you some for a better memory! ha! love ya!