Wednesday, May 5, 2010

To think that my doctor was right......

One of my favorite things to do is visiting
until my doctor told me back in January that I should give up Coke!...What!!
Rt. 44 Coke is was my favorite pastime.  No, not really, but very close!
So I have been very stuborn to give up my Coke even though I know that doing without the caffeine would so help me with my fibromaylgia pain level.

But two weeks ago this coming Friday I finally GAVE it up
I have even driven up to a Sonic, ordered the girls a drink and got myself a Rt. 44 water with extra ice.
For those of you that thought I owned stock in Sonic I know this is hard for you to believe!

So now my favorite drink is

water
and a glass of sweet non-caffeine sweet tea!

So I go to the doctor to weigh in this morning
I step on the scales and I weigh...
ta-da
5 pounds lighter!
(and to think you thought I was going to tell you my weight!)

The scales were in my favor


but then my doctor was correct!
I was a daily visitor to my favorite place
Now I drive by and sigh!

I am so excited that I can't wait to see how I do on my next visit to see the doctor.


5 comments:

VKT said...

I don't know if I can give up coke...sigh...I think I am addicted!!! Good for you for having such willpower!

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

That is awesome. It's so hard though! My hubby cracks on me, he says it's my crack- sad right. I go in spurts of giving it up and your weight loss and other benefits are encouraging to hear. Thank you!

Kelly's Lucky You said...

Wow - Congratulations!

mamahasspoken said...

I gave up sodas about 2 years ago. I was amazed at how much weight I lost too. As of today it's around 50 pounds. Of course I also watched what I was eating (but no diet, I don't do diets) but the BIG thing was giving up the sodas.

Susan said...

thanks you guys! I need all the encouragement that one would give me!
Susan